AirVenture 2022 at Oshkosh is July 25 – 31, 2021. For tickets and info click here.
(EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 Notice )
This free booklet is an absolute must if you’re flying an aircraft to Oshkosh. It outlines all arrival/departure procedures, radio frequencies, Wittman Regional Airport details, and much more.
Although many of the procedures are similar to previous years, there are updates in nearly every area to enhance safety, efficiency, and convenience for the thousands of airplanes expected at The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.
The EAA AirVenture NOTAM is required reading and should be part of a pilot’s pre-flight preparation.
EAA is also hosting a webinar on June 22 at 7 p.m. regarding flying to AirVenture 2022 and changes in this year’s Notice. Pilots are encouraged to participate to build their knowledge prior to their flights to Oshkosh.
Graphic TFR NOTAMs: When flying in the U.S., EAA strongly encourages you to check NOTAMs for current temporary flight restrictions (TFR) that may affect your flight route.
Pilots can download a digital version of the Notice at EAA.org/NOTAM, or order a free printed copy via that website or by calling EAA Membership Services at 800-564-6322.
Returning in 2022: Express Arrival
Spend less time in admission lines and more time on the flightline! In an effort to reduce crowding at key entry points and provide a safe and quick arrival for AirVenture attendees, we’re bringing back the Express Arrival program in 2022! Get your wristbands, parking, and Camp Scholler passes mailed to you in advance when you purchase your credentials before June 15, 2022.
Express Arrival is exclusively available to U.S. members who have valid EAA memberships through at least July 31, 2022. Shipping is FREE of charge.
Express Arrival — Wristbands
- The member wristbands you put on your wrist will be mailed to you beginning the week of June 27, 2022, along with the tickets for all other purchases. There will be no need to print anything. Just select the delivery method “Mail (Free)” at checkout.
- If you are purchasing daily wristbands, you must select which days you are planning to attend.
- If your attendance plans change, you can visit any admission building to exchange unused wristbands for a different day.
- You must be an EAA member with a U.S. address to qualify for the mailing of your wristbands.
- Orders must be received no later than June 15, 2022, if you’d like to receive your wristbands by mail.
- If you miss the mail date or prefer to pick your wristbands up at the gate, select “Print at Home” at checkout, and present your ticket at any entry point admissions building to receive your AirVenture wristband.
Express Arrival — Camping Check-in
- Express Arrival camping check-in will allow attendees who pre-purchase their camping to enter Camp Scholler without exiting their car. After presenting your mailed or printed-at-home voucher, you will complete a simplified check-in process, receive your camping credential, and be on your way!
- A separate entry gate will be used for express camping check-in. If using express check-in you will enter Camp Scholler via the Gray Lot entrance, which is located a few hundred feet north of the main Camp Scholler entrance on Poberezny Road.
- Express Arrival Camping Check-In only applies to Camp Scholler arrivals on Tuesday, July 19, through Sunday, July 24.
- Express camping check-in is recommended for people who don’t have any questions. If you do or aren’t sure how to get to your campsite, it’s recommended you follow the signage for Camp Scholler Regular Check-in.
- Upon arrival, you will have a choice which lane you’d like to use. Simply follow the directional signs.
An alternative housing solution – The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh offer a great place to stay. An inexpensive, cost effective, shuttle pass is available for purchase for trips to and from AirVenture. Reasonably priced breakfast and dinner meals are available in the university’s dining hall. For information click here.
October 8, 2020 – UW Oshkosh opened reservations for Gruenhagen Conference Center rooms for rent during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2021 on Monday, although all A/C rooms and suites are already fully booked for 2021.
Non A/C rooms remain available, and AirVenture visitors can still select A/C rooms and suites in the booking process to be added to a waitlist. UW Oshkosh’s cancellation policy meant many 2020 reservations were moved to 2021, resulting in so many rooms already being reserved.
To make a reservation in advance of the return of AirVenture, visit UW Oshkosh’s website or email the University.
Don Hall has used a service that provides discounted hotel, meals, transportation to and from the Oshkosh event and they do the work for $250. This is a photo of the 2019 plan that they used (a little beat up I hope you can read it) . If interested, call the person on the flyer.