We will be sponsoring a Breakfast for area wide EAA members during our June 8th membership meeting. It will take place on the apron outside of the Terminal Building. We are always looking for help to make it a success, contact Bob if interested. Click on the NEWS tab above for more information.
Olympic Air Show (Olympia Airport) June 15-16
Concrete Fly-in July 12-13
Skagit Community Aviation Day July 13
Orcas Island (Eastsound) Fly-in Aug. 2-4
Arlington Fly-in Aug. 16-18
Hood River Fly-in Sept 7-8
Chapter 818 Young Eagles Event coming up June 29th, 10AM to 1PM at Cascade Aviation.
(See the Young Eagles Tab above for information about registering)
McKenzie Nielsen-Barrett receiving Chapter 818’s David Mischke Memorial Scholarship from Chapter President Bob Savage.
(see Scholarship Tab above for more information)
SKAGIT EAA CHAPTER 818 REGULAR MEETINGS:
- 10am – Second Saturday mornings of every month in the “Port of Skagit Hearing Room.” here at the airport.
- 11am – Program
- 9:00am Board Meetings are held before the General Meeting – bring your own breakfast. Currently in the Port of Skagit Hearing Room and are open to all.
- See our calendar here for events of interest: http://skagiteaa.org/calendar/
UPDATES: If you have news or events to add here please contact: Bill or Brad (see contact tab for address)
* Added Date and updated webpage for June 29th Young Eagle event.
* Added new Tab for the new chapter scholarship award and the first recipient.
* Added new FLY WASHINGTON Tab
* EVENTS Tab added above to link Website to the Chapters Facebook page. Go there and leave a post (account required) or check out an Event (account not required).
* NEWS Tab for current miscellaneous news of interest. Updated May 18th.
WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT:
Our group of aviation enthusiasts, made up of pilots, mechanics, CFI’s,
retired veterans, and interested persons meets once a month at the Skagit Regional Airport to
discuss mutual interests, share current aircraft projects, safety information, and to become enlightened
by a featured speaker with an adventure to share.
We also host “Spot Landing” contests, barbecues, and participate in other local fly-ins, such
as in Anacortes, Arlington, and at Mears Air-Field located in Concrete. Our Chapter
participates at the Arlington Air Show by sponsoring the “Fly-Mart” booth
during the course of this event. Owning an aircraft is not a prerequisite; just
an interest in aviation is all that is required, and hopefully, a desire to become
involved with a great Chapter.
One of our most anticipated events is flying children & teens from the ages
of 8-17 years of age, free, through our Young Eagles Program, sponsored
through the EAA Organization in Oshkosh, WI. Pilots volunteer their time and
the expense of aircraft fuel to ensure that any child can experience the thrill of
This event requires just as many “ground-crew” volunteers as pilots. On the
average, we fly 60 children every year in the late summer time during this one
We work closely with the the Skagit Airport Support Association (SASA), the Heritage
Flight Museum, the Port of Skagit and other area aviation related outfits – to help
build a healthy, vibrant, innovative, and safe community of aviators.