At our June 10 monthly meeting Tom Curran gave an extensive and very interesting presentation on non-towered airport operations. To view the recording, see our Videos page.
At our July 9 meeting, our own (wild) Bill Calvert will tell us about his latest travels and adventures in his year-old RV-7.
As we have discussed many times before, we do not want anyone to get infected with the COVID 19 virus if they attend. That means that if you are sick or know you have the virus do not attend. If you are concerned about getting the virus while being in proximity of other Chapter members then you need to act in your best interest.
To see the EAA’s Chapter Video Magazine click here.
We’ve recorded some great presentations at our recent monthly chapter meetings.
- At our April 2022 meeting Jonathon Fay told us how he planned and built his Zenith 750 Cruzer powered by a Viking 130 conversion of a Honda engine and a VIP propeller.
- Cecilia Aragon presented at our March 2022 meeting. Cecilia has been a medalist at both the U. S. National and the World Aerobatic Championships. She was the first Latina to qualify for the U.S. team, just six years after she started flying.
- Bill Post presented at the January 2022 meeting on considerations for off-airport landings: water, or trees.
- Lyle and Laurel Parker told us at the November 2021 meeting about their AirCam build and their cross-country trip to bring the airplane home from Florida to Anacortes.
To view any of these videos, click here.
6/26/22 – Updated homepage with info about the June and July monthly meeting presentations. Added an item about the June Young Eagles event.
4/15/22 – Added information about the Flying Start event and updated the list of YouTube videos.
Do you wonder what other EAA chapters are up to? Fly-ins, burger burns, fundraisers or presentations are some of the activities you can find.
See the Helpful Links tab above to see links to other chapter websites and newsletters.
SKAGIT EAA CHAPTER 818 REGULAR MEETINGS:
- 10am – Second Saturday mornings of every month in the “Port of Skagit Hearing Room” here at the airport.
- 11am – Program
- Monthly Board Meetings are held via Zoom, usually a week or so before each monthly meeting. If you’d like to join just ask any board member for dates and Zoom credentials.
- See our calendar here for events of interest: http://skagiteaa.org/calendar/
UPDATES: If you have news or events to add here please contact: Larry or Brad (see contact tab for address).
WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT:
Our group of aviation enthusiasts, made up of pilots, mechanics, CFIs,
retired veterans, and interested persons meets once a month at the Skagit Regional Airport to
discuss mutual interests, share current aircraft projects and safety information, and to be
enlightened by a featured speaker with an adventure to share.
We also host “Spot Landing” contests, barbecues, and participate in other local fly-ins, such
as in Anacortes, Arlington, and at Mears Air-Field located in Concrete. Our Chapter
participates at the Arlington Air Show by sponsoring the “Fly-Mart” booth
during the course of this event. Owning an aircraft is not a prerequisite; just
an interest in aviation is all that is required, and hopefully, a desire to become
involved with a great Chapter.
One of our most anticipated events is flying children & teens from the ages
of 8-17 years of age, free, through our Young Eagles Program, sponsored
through the EAA Organization in Oshkosh, WI. Pilots volunteer their time and
the expense of aircraft fuel to ensure that any child can experience the thrill of
This event requires just as many “ground-crew” volunteers as pilots. On the
average, we fly 60 children every year in the late summer time during this one
We work closely with the the Skagit Airport Support Association (SASA), the Heritage
Flight Museum, the Port of Skagit and other area aviation related outfits to help
build a healthy, vibrant, innovative, and safe community of aviators.